PAUA Poppetts provides a screened and experienced sitter, not just ‘the girl next door’, so you can enjoy some time out. This can be provided on a casual basis, or as a more regular, ongoing service.
Email bookings can be made online, with at least 24 hours’ notice, and phone bookings can be made up to two hours before an engagement. Of course, it does pay to allow more time if you have it, especially if you have a specific babysitter you want to request.
Due to New Zealand childcare regulations childcare ratios are 1:4, we cannot have more than two children aged under two years of age in care of one Nanny/Babysitter at any time. All bookings are a minimum time of three hours.
How to Book a Babysitter or Temp Nanny:
- Complete the online form via the button on the right.
- Call 09 376 7772 and talk with one of our staff members between the hours of 9am – 4pm.
Outside of these hours you will be able to leave your name and number with our messaging service. We will contact you ASAP to make arrangements.
We are a 24/7 service so someone is always at the end of the line to take your enquiry day or night!
What to expect:
- Once you have contacted us to book a Babysitter we will confirm with you who it will be via text and pass on your contact details to the Babysitter.
- The Babysitter will contact you 24 hours before the job starts to introduce herself and confirm details.
- The Babysitter is paid direct, by you, in cash at the end of the evening.
- We will invoice you the booking fee via email at the end of the evening. This will include our account details for internet banking.
- In some cases additional fuel charges may be required. We recommend a charge of $0.77 cents per km (as per Ministry of Transport guidelines 2015).
- There is a minimum booking of three hours to ensure that the Babysitting job is viable.